Friday, January 24, 2014

Haiku My Heart: Procrastination


Some days, I have no
energy to do anything,
I choose to not do.


I post these words slightly tongue-in-cheek, to accompany the picture that goes with them, but there is a seriousness behind them as well.  I find this bone-chilling cold we have been experiencing lately to be like a weight that lies on your soul, sapping your energy.  It makes me want to stay indoors and not venture out, safe and warm in the comfort of my cozy home.  This is also the gift of winter, the chance to slow down the pace of life, revel in the hibernation.

8 comments:

Lea said...

Yes. This is the time to hybernate, to go inside, deep inside.... All possibilities are waiting to spring to life there when the seasons turn again... Enjoy this cozy time. Love your haiku!

somepinkflowers said...

{{ yes yes
just Do everything
tomorrow !!

i might try
that }}

somepinkflowers said...

{{ yes yes
just Do everything
tomorrow !!

i might try
that }}

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I so agree!!!! DO NOTHING! It can't hurt...might even rejuvenate the spirit!!! Have a grand weekend!

WabiSabi said...

isn't that what winter is for?? :)

carol l mckenna said...

Great! lovely haiku to 'awareness' and application ~ thanks ~

carol, xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com

Mark said...

To your words of wisdom (or resignation), I say YES!

carol l mckenna said...

Thanks for visiting and your lovely haiku speaks to me as that is exactly how I have been feeling ~ Hibernating like a bear! ~ gratefully not too much.

carol, xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com