Thursday, February 20, 2014

An Eventful and Exciting Day

What a day it has been!  First I had to clear out all the stuff I store under my kitchen sink, because someone was coming in today to fix my dishwasher, which didn't drain properly the other day when I last used it.
Next, the Canadian women's team won the gold medal in curling in a suspenseful match that started at 8:30 a.m. EST.  I watched online at my desk while getting some work done (multi-tasking has its advantages!).
Photo: The best women's curling team Canada has ever had?
#whatittakes

What do you think?

http://bit.ly/1bdV9E4
Photo from CBC Olympics on Facebook
We had about an hour to calm down from that excitement and then it was time for the gold medal match between the Canadian and U.S. women's hockey team.  Another closely fought match that was looking like it might not go our way, until the Canadians were able to score twice in the final few minutes of regular play, going on to win the deciding goal in sudden death overtime.
Photo: We'll be doing a post-game live chat with senior hockey writer Mike Brophy after the gold medal game.

Get your Qs ready! http://bit.ly/1jMOn8c
Photo from CBC Olympics on Facebook
As if that weren't exciting enough, I also had an unexpected opportunity to speak with my 15 year old nephew when his trip from Quebec City to Edmonton included a layover in Toronto. It was nice to have a chance to chat with him but sadly, there is no photo to show for this part of my day - since he was in the secured area, I wouldn't have been able to visit him at the airport)

Next we had a late day snowstorm when we were expecting 25 to 50 mm of rain, making for a messy drive home.

Another unexpected treat today was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home - happy mail from Victoria, B.C.  The perfect end to a wild and exciting day!

The only fly in today's ointment is that my sink still isn't draining properly, which I didn't realize until after I'd put all that stuff back where it belonged, which means I'll probably need to pull it all out again tomorrow morning! Then again, maybe that's what made the difference today and will bring an extra dose of good luck to our men's curling and hockey teams tomorrow!

No comments: