Saturday, February 15, 2014

Nathalie's Texture Journal Class

Last Friday night at Bizzy BNathalie Kalbach taught a class called "Texture Journal".
The class was described as follows:  "Unleash your creativity while learning how to make the most of your art tools and mediums- including Nathalie’s signature stamps from Stampendous. Develop a small art journal filled with fun and colourful techniques, textures, and print layers to be used as a reference tool for later mixed media and scrapbooking projects."  And that's exactly what we did - Nathalie showed us various techniques for creating backgrounds for journal pages, using different mediums and tools like her new stamp sets (each package of 3 stamps includes a bonus stencil template!) and the Creative Palette monoprinting plate (which is similar to a gelli plate, but thinner, lighter and sturdier).

I ended up using colours I don't normally use - orange, black, lime green and red - and really liked the pages I made.  Here are some photos of the results, which include some of her stamps:
Dianne was sitting next to me and made a page using the same colours and wasn't so keen on the result, so she gifted it to me.  It was a heavier weight of paper than what I was using, so I decided it would be perfect for the cover of my little journal.  Thanks, Dianne!
I haven't quite decided what to put inside the book, whether I will just leave the pages as you see them above or add some text and/or photos. I thought black and white pictures would look really cool against these backgrounds and was going to use some of my vintage photo collection but it occurred to me today that it might be fun to print out some of the pictures from Nathalie's visit last weekend in black and white and put those in the book.  I think that is the way I'm going to go, just need to play around with the photo effects a bit first!

No comments: