Monday, April 28, 2014

Motel Postcards

As National Letter Writing Month draws to a close, I thought I'd share some of the vintage motel postcards in my collection.

The descriptions on the back of the postcards are just as cheesy as the some of the images on the front, like the one below (which actually has very pretty architectural drawings on the front) advertising the Jacumba Hot Springs, a "health resort and town on paved state highway 80..." - because a paved road is a wonderful thing, isn't it?  They have "accommodations and prices to suite all classes".
San Diego County, CA
The "auto courts" and the pools seem to be the features of these hotels that get the most advertising when it comes to a postcard.
Holiday Inn, Hot Springs, Arkansas
This one of the pool and parking lot of the Quality Courts Motel Mercury in Nashville, Tennessee is one of my favourites.  Look at those vintage cars!!

I keep thinking I'll send these postcards out to someone some day but so far, I haven't.  I had the idea that I would like to send them to someone who hails from that particular town or area but strangely enough, I just can't bear to part with any of them just yet.

There are more cards like this to be found on this website:  motelpostcards.com, you might want to check them out too!

1 comment:

Createology said...

Hello and these are very fun postcards. I love old postcards. Thank you for the Toronto card I received today in my NLWM mail. This is such a great way to connect. And THANK YOU for including your blog address. Creative Bliss...