Saturday, May 10, 2014

Aberfoyle - Spring 2014

Today was the first outdoor antique market of the 2014 season. Luckily, the forecast had changed as the weekend approached and the rain predictions faded away. It was quite breezy which meant it was a tad cool but that's not necessarily a bad thing when you're spending several hours outdoors in the sun.

I debated about going today. My friend Barb, who usually accompanies me on these excursions, wasn't available today and I had other things I could be doing with my time but when I woke up this morning and the sun was shining, I decided to hop in the car and head on over, if only to take a few photos and enjoy being outside after a long, cold winter stuck indoors.

As always, lots of cool stuff to see. Here are a few examples:

A bevy of buttons
My friend Kate says there's a jaguar at every outdoor
flea market/antique sale. This is the largest one I have seen!

I felt as tired as this dog looks by the end of about three hours but it was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning. I picked up a few treasures, I'll post some photos later this week.




No comments: