Friday, June 13, 2014

Haiku My Heart: A Gentle Touch


You put out your hand
to touch my arm, and I felt
your comfort and love.

I was sitting at the computer the other night and Suzie was lying on the table beside me, keeping me company. At one point, she put out her paw and rested it on my arm for several minutes.  She is my cuddly girl, the only one who will sit on my lap (but those moments are usually brief) and the one who is most likely to meow at my feet, not looking for her next mean but just wanting to be picked up and snuggled.  It's a good feeling, to have that connection, to feel that love, whether it be with a person or an animal, when a simple touch can convey so much more than words could ever express.

Haiku My Heart Fridays are hosted by the lovely Rebecca at recuerda_mi_corazon.

8 comments:

Reading Pleasure said...

It feels so right!

J C said...

So true what you said about a simple touch. Our animals can touch, and let us "read" their eyes as well.

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable photo and always a loving feeling when your furperson reaches out with love ~ lovely haiku ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

gma said...

Love those kind of gentle touches.
So sweet.

Lea said...

Love that fur love, that gentle touch... it is so incredible to live with these amazing creatures!

Laura said...

How tender. I love it when our cat or dog reach out to connect. They are indeed a great comfort.

Gillena Cox said...

Sweet ! Have a nice weekend

Much love ...

rebecca said...

yes...i love it when our pets reach out to comfort us! suzie is a dear, and so my friend are you!