Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day 2014

My dad has been gone for nine years now but I'm still learning new things about him.

We were looking through his university yearbooks a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised to see his picture in the lacrosse team photo.
He's the one in the second row with the big ears!
I do not remember him ever mentioning the sport of lacrosse when he was alive, let alone that he himself used to play it!

I have also learned that he had a collection of wooden hangers that seem to have been collected from various sources - some from the men's clothing store where he used to buy his suits:
some from various hotels.
I wish I could ask him about these things, and so many others.
Happy Father's Day to all those who are celebrating today and to those, like me, who are missing the fathers who are no longer with us. xo

No comments: