Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Things Happen


I find myself unexpectedly alone this morning, having stayed behind while the rest of the group headed off to Monet's Garden in Giverny. I took a hard fall off a bicycle yesterday as we were touring Paris, resulting in a ride in an ambulance and a visit to the emergency room. Luckily, nothing broken, no stitches required and no concussion (thankfully I was wearing a helmet as that bounce on the pavement would have surely done more damage without it!) - just a few bruises and a scratch near my left eyebrow.

As a result, I find myself enjoying the peace and quiet of this garden this morning:
This garden is just outside my front door and doesn't involve a train ride and/or more bicycling to reach it.  I'm going to take my bruised knee for a short walk now and a longer walk later and see how that goes.  I need to find an optician and see what can be done for my glasses, which are bent out of shape on the left side from the fall.  Perhaps enjoy a nap or two in between journaling sessions.
Not quite how I expected to spend this particular day but things happen, plans change. Still, I am in Paris, life is good!

No comments: