Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

Okay, I'm a little late, since Thanksgiving here in Canada was two days ago.  I was up at the cottage for the weekend and got home late Monday night, totally forgot to post.  If I had, I might have shared this photo of a wild turkey that I happened to see on Thanksgiving Monday.
It's not unusual to see wild turkeys in the areas around our cottage but we don't see them that often.  I was surprised to actually see one on the very weekend we traditionally celebrate by cooking and eating their domesticated cousins.  This guy quickly strolled into the woods and out of sight once he realized I was nearby. No doubt he was glad I wasn't chasing after him, hoping to pluck his feathers and throw him in the oven!

Which is exactly what happened to this fine fellow:
While it was cooking, my mom and I had some fun taking selfies.
And here is my sister, the cook, carving up the bird.
Thanks for making a fabulous Thanksgiving meal for us again this year, Janine, it was delicious!!

No comments: