Monday, October 6, 2014

World Card Making Day

was Saturday. I was able to spend some happy time on the day making cards.  Here's one I made using some pretty scrapbook paper I had in my stash:
The design of this paper has a lot going one and it quite effective enough on its own.  For this first card, I just added a little bit of contrasting paper underneath and a cutout "hello" with a bit of glitter on top.
For this second card, using a piece of the same paper, I added some text and a few butterfly stamps I had picked up at the outdoor antique market a few weeks ago and voila!
Here's another card I made, using a vintage photo I had copied that printed out a distinctly purple colour.  I've had it for a while but never quite knew what to do with it, until Saturday, when I decided it would look nice with a bit of polka dot ribbon and a scrap of paper from a vintage ledger.
I love that the ledger paper refers to a "lilac duck skirt" (duck cloth being a type of heavy cotton fabric), which seemed appropriate for this card - perhaps the gentleman in the photo might have bought the skirt as a gift for his wife once upon a time.
How did you spend your Saturday?

No comments: