Monday, January 26, 2015

Blue Monday 2015

As I was driving home tonight, the radio station I was listening to advised that today was "Blue Monday". I see I have written about this topic before, back in 2009 and 2011, so you can read about what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure why the radio said it was today instead of last week, since Blue Monday is commonly proclaimed to be the 3rd Monday in January and if you check your calendar (as I did!), you'll see that today is actually the 4th Monday this month.  Then again, I suppose it doesn't matter, since others such as Dean Burnett, a neuroscientist and current Cardiff lecturer, describes it as "a PR stunt based on pseudoscience" (according to this article).

If you do have the winter blahs (I must admit, I am definitely darned tired of this super cold weather. They say we're not having a polar vortex this year but minus 20+ windchills on a regular basis are not fun no matter what you do or don't call them!), I do hope you don't live in the Northeastern states of the U.S., who are currently hunkered down facing a doozy of a snowstorm tonight that could dump 1 to 3 feet of snow on their real estate.  That would definitely add insult to injury any day of the week but especially on Blue Monday.

Here's a little something blue for you.  It's a card I made yesterday.  It's simple and sweet (if I do say so myself) and can you tell I am dreaming of spring?
Stay warm, everyone!!