Friday, November 6, 2015

NaNoJouMo - Days 2 to 5

As promised, here are my first few pages from NaNoJouMo.

This was my two page spread for November 2nd, created on what would have been my dad's 80th birthday. I used a photo of him as a baby with my grandfather and painted the background of my page in a fashion similar to that used in the prompt provided by Dawn Sokol for day 2.

November 3rd - the prompt was the tag with the words "I'm really not".  We have had such a lovely weather week, I had to journal about it!  The prompt for November 4th was stars, so I added several to this journal page to help finish it off.  Just doing a little bit each day, as much as I feel like.  So far, not having any trouble keeping up and really enjoying the process. Luckily, I've had time to spend on making art most days, for which I am quite grateful.

Dawn's prompt for November 5th can be found here.  I loved the little house she made and wanted to copy it but I kept thinking of the John Mellencamp song, "Little Pink Houses" so I made myself a few of them.  I used two pages with the pink and purple background you can see in the image below.  It was pretty wild looking so I add the blue, white and green paint with a spatula and tried to give the paint some texture, which didn't work as well as I would have liked (probably should have used some modelling paste, perhaps mixed it with the paint).  The result seems a little bold to me but I also kind of like the simplicity of it, as if a child had created it.  I also think it seems as if it is a bit of a blustery day, with the wind chasing the clouds across the sky - rather like today was here in Toronto!

Must go, got to go get started on day 6!

No comments: