Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Saving Daylight

I'm not too thrilled about the fact that the hours of sunlight are getting shorter and that we've had to adjust our clocks accordingly (for that means winter is coming).  However, one thing that I do enjoy about this season is being awake to watch the sun coming up. The combination of light and clouds is often quite magical.
I really do have a lovely morning view of the city's skyline (except for the ugly brown building that blocks my sight line of the CN Tower).  Some days, the colours are dark blue greys.  Other days, it's a fiery combination of reds and oranges.  Sometimes it's both on the same day!
October 26, 2015  7:26 am
October 26, 2015 - 7:45 am
I'm so used to seeing the sun come up in the morning that I almost didn't notice the light on downtown Toronto this past Sunday. It was late afternoon as the sun was going down and I noticed a silvery glow on the south-western side of the buildings.
November 1, 2015 - 5:05 pm
Which became more of a golden glow as time went on.
November 1, 2015 - 5:40 pm
We may have less sunlight to look forward to in the days ahead, but it's no less beautiful to behold.

No comments: