Thursday, November 19, 2015

When in Rome

Because this is one of my favourite journal pages that I have created for NaNoJouMo so far this month, I thought it deserved a blog post all to itself.

The theme for Day 16 was "when in Rome" - you can find the prompt Dawn Sokol provided for us here.

I decided to go with a vintage look and went digging for the bag of goodies I collected when I last visited Rome in 2012.  I found this photocopy of a picture of a couple with the fountain and the pigeons (can't remember where I got that originally, unfortunately) and an old book called "The Eternal City", from which I ripped a page and highlighted some of the text that describes two people in love. Then I got busy collaging a bunch of other stuff and this page was the result.
I really like how this journal spread turned out and putting it together reminded me of how much I enjoy collage - really need to do more of that!

No comments: