Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day

Tried to post this yesterday and in the midst of putting this post together, my computer decided to install not 1 or 2 but 18 updates - yikes!  It took so long, I ended up going off to do something else and forgot all about posting.

So here I am, a day later, sharing photos of the cards I made for my family for this Valentine's Day using the February card kit from Simon Says Stamp.
Image result for simon says stamp february card kit

I made these cards last weekend while having an artful play date with friends.  Because we gathered a friend's house, I challenged myself to make these cards with just the contents of the kit, scissors and glue, because I didn't want to carry a whole bunch of stuff with me and I wouldn't have items like my die cutting machine available.
The black and white background on the card below is actually from a set of cards I picked up somewhere for $1.00 a piece.  I had been meaning to do something with them, as the B&W by itself was a little much. I think it works perfectly here as an edging for these other papers, don't you?
I made this one for someone's parents who are celebrating 70 years of being married. Can you imagine? Quite the milestone!  Did you know the traditional wedding gift for that year is platinum or iron?  I had to look that up, I've never heard of anyone celebrating that anniversary, the diamond 60th was high as it went, I thought.

 Here are a few more.



Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, however you celebrated!

1 comment:

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

Those cards came out really great. Nice kit.